The Liebster Award is awarded to a blogger from another blogger. I was nominated by Kendra over at http://akw62307.wordpress.com/. Thanks Kendra! Kendra and I both just got our BFPs and I’m excited to have someone else who will be experiencing the same milestones! Hopefully our 8 months left will fly by! I’m kind of nervous my answers are going to be lame… But here goes nothing.
So here is how it works:
1. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
2. Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you.
3. List 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 3-5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
5. Make up a set of questions for the nominated bloggers to answer.
1. How did you meet your spouse/significant other?
Joseph and I actually met freshmen of high school. We were in the same health/pe class. We didn’t talk much. We started “talking” if you will Senior year in AP Calculus class.
2. What is/are your hobby/hobbies?
I enjoy sewing/embroidering. I’m looking forward to having a little one of my own that I can create all sorts of adorable clothes for. I’m trying to get into gardening, but we’ll see how that goes.
3. What has been your greatest/most significant achievement?
Probably finishing school. Joseph and I got married when we were both in our undergrad. I had just decided that I wanted to teach, so I had two more classes left to take. Of course those two classes weren’t offered in the summer session, or even in the same semester. So I had to take one class in the fall and one in the spring. Meanwhile Joseph finished his undergrad in August 2010, and immediately started grad school. I finished my undergrad up May 2011, and before the commencement date I had already started grad school. I plowed through grad school take 12 hours that summer, 15 that fall, and only had one class to take in the spring. So Joseph and I both graduated with our Masters at the same time.
4. What words of advice do you have to others struggling with infertility?
Have faith. It doesn’t have to be in God, if that’s not your thing. But have faith in something. Also, it has been incredibly helpful for me to share my situation with friends and family. I have a couple of close friends who know everything, but at least the others are aware.
5. What is your favorite TV show(s)?
This is tough. I love New Girl. and Game of Thrones. and Once Upon a Time. And Doctor Who. Doctor Who holds a very special place in my heart because it got Joseph and I through our miscarriage(escapism anyone?)
6. What is your favorite season (spring/summer/fall/winter) and why?
Fall. Leaves. Pumpkins. Apple Cider. Sweaters. Bon Fires. Love
7. What is the best vacation you have been on?
Probably our honeymoon. We just went to Rosemary beach Florida. But we just had the greatest time. We went the first week of May, so it wasn’t super crowded.
Facts about me:
1. I’m the middle child of five. And I definitely had middle child syndrome growing up. My family is tough, but I love them.
2. I am afraid of having my toes pulled off. I know its crazy, but it’s a very real fear. Joseph can touch my toes, but not many other people can.
3. In middle and high school I bought a ridiculous amount of shoes. My older sister(and all her friends) and I wore the same size pants and tops, so any clothes I bought I would quickly lose. But nobody had my shoe size, so I would purchase shoes. They were only mine.
4. I have this fear that Joseph and I are weird. It isn’t a big deal. But I just feel like we are weird. Like if you were to tape us for one day, you wouldn’t want to be our friend.
5. In middle school I showed rabbits through 4-H. I earned enough money to pay for my first semester of college.
6. If I’m at home, I’m very likely not wearing a bra or pants.
7. Even though Joseph doesn’t believe me, I only own 1 pair of yoga pants(and they’re like 2 years old, but I can’t get myself to buy another pair.)
8. I love giving gifts. Receiving them is wonderful also, but I feel such joy when I know I kicked butt at giving somebody a gift. Example: When Joseph and I had just started dating, he told me a story about how his older brother had a corduroy jacket, and he always wanted one but never got on. So I got to work. I sewed Joseph a corduroy jacket and planned a whole weekend in October which we called “surprise weekend” and we went to a concert, and pumpkin picking. We made a pumpkin pie from scratch, and I gave him his jacket.
9. I’m a math teacher. But 8 + 5 has given me the hardest time for ever. Its embarassing. I know it is 13, but if you put me on the spot I’ll blunder.
10. I’m a serial survivor watcher. In marathons.
11. My middle name is Ryan. When I was little, I thought my middle name was Jonny because I had a cousin named Jonny.(FYI, if the baby I’m cooking is a little girl<which it is> she’s going to have a “boy” middle name.)
1. The Barren Librarian I love her take on this whole infertility thing. She’s witty and funny, and hopefully going to get knocked up so soon.
2. 24 months an counting She has a lot of things going on right now, but I appreciate her perspective, and her writing style.
3. ladyloveandbabydust She has been so supportive and kind to me through everything. And I wish her nothing but the best.
1. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
2. If you were to die, but you would be reincarnated as an animal, which animal would you choose?
3. What is your favorite movie snack?
4. When you indulge(and pretend your aren’t ttc) what do you indulge in?
5. What is your go to, have-to-have, article of clothing?
6. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grow up?
7. If a stranger gave you a million dollars, and said you would get another million to keep IF you donated the first million to a charity, what charity would it be?
8. What are you embarrased to enjoy?(tv-show, books, movies…etc)