Category Archives: RE

Third and last beta

Today I had my last beta HCG draw. I got there bright and early this morning. Joseph and I had guess what we thought it would be. Joseph thought it’d be 785, I thought it’d be 835. If it doubled as it should have, it should have been about 870.

They called and it was 1394! Hot dog! Our baby is an overachiever. We are 19dpo or 4weeks 5days. What a wonderful number. Hoping so hard this baby sticks tight. We also scheduled our first ultra sound for 13 days from now. Just under two weeks, I can do this. Thursday May 15th at 3:30pm. Joseph will be going with me.

Beta #2

13dpiui (3w6d) 109! So we’re pregnant, and doubling appropriately. She said they would have liked 70-80. So way to go above and beyond BabuMics! BC of our previous miscarriage, she wants me to have another beta done this Friday. Which will be 4w5d. Then we’ll have an ultrasound at six weeks and change, seven weeks and change, and eight weeks and change. After that I’ll graduate to an on. I’m thinking of jumping ship, as far as obs go. But I’m not certain.

Sick hubby

My hubby is sick. Does anyone else just hate it when their husband is sick? I hate it more than I hate being sick.

Tomorrow we have our second beta draw. My RE should call us with the results and hopefully discuss the plan of action for her(including ultrasounds!)

My younger sister has been wanting to throw us a celebratory party for fostering, and she called today. I said “Let’s just talk about it when you’re in town for mothers Day.” I think that is our intended tell the family day.

We have our really good friends A&R know. My sweet friend K knows. And then E&J know because they’re the ones I work for, they knew about the IUI, so she asked and I gladly told her. The only reason we are waiting until Mother’s Day weekend is because my younger sister is away at college, and I don’t want her feelings to be hurt if she isn’t there. She probably wouldn’t care, but this way its easier to just keep the peace. Ideally, I’d like to have an ultrasound before mother’s day weekend, but I’ll only be like 5week and 5 days, so I think she’ll want to wait until the next week.

Today I’m feeling just a bit bloated. Its unreal still. Joseph and I have been silly and optimistically dreaming about the gender. He says boy, I said boy at first, but now I’m going with girl. Talk about counting your chickens before the hatch. But its easier to treat it like everything will be ok. And I don’t want to distance myself from my baby. I love this baby, and always will. If this baby joins our other child in heaven before we meet, then I want to enjoy every day I have with her.(<because I think we’re having a girl.)

You can check out my PeeSticks! page for the latest peestick. I have two more FRER(which will get me til 14dpo.) I may go and buy some more, but I also want a clear blue digi with week estimator. So who knows.

FRER progression


So 9dpiui is top(smu) 10dpiui middle, 11dpiui bottom.

This morning I woke up at 3:30 having to pee, and feeling like I was going to puke. What’s up with that? Its entirely too early for morning sickness, I think I over ate last night(we went out to Red robin and I had a delicious Guacamole Bacon Burger to celebrate, but I only ate half…oh and a whole order of their shorty onion rings, and some fries…) But I definitely feel like my digestion and bowel movements have slowed down. I actually felt this way this past weekend as well. I know progesterone can do that, but this is the first time I’ve experienced it. I’m a bit frustrated with my RE’s office making me wait until tomorrow to get my beta done. Actually, I’m  calling right now, and I’m going today. I just explained that tomorrow I can’t do it, and I can’t on Monday. Which isn’t a lie exactly. I could, but I’d have both the boys(an 18 month old and a 3.5 month old) and Joseph would have to take off work to come and sit in the car with them, or I could not work the entire day. Which is ridiculous, so I have to go hop in the shower and LEAVE!!!! yay! so excited!

Well…it’s been awhile.

I feel like it has been awhile since I’ve blogged. I have been keeping busy with a whole lotta nonsense. But our foster training is OVER!!! woo! Very excited about that. Our house isn’t open yet, but not more 9 hour Saturday meetings, which is very exciting.

I am currently cycle day five. If I’m being completely honest, after last cycle, I stopped taking all my medications. All of them. I was just so frustrated that every day I take 5+ pills(depend on where I am in my cycle) and it results in nothing. I took about two weeks off, but now I’m back on my prenatal vitamin, metformin*, and baby aspirin.

I do not have PCOS, however, my testosterone in on the high side of normal, so my RE put me on metformin. I’m going to stay on it for 3 nonmedicated cycles and see what it does for my cycle length. My average unmedicated cycle length is 35 days, if met could bring me down to say 31 days I would be THRILLED! So we shall see.

I have about 30 opks left over from my last purchase, I may start taking them around cd14. I think we’re going to bd every third(ish) day, and just see what happens. It will likely be nothing that happens.

An update.

I am currently ovulating…allegedly. It’s been 36 hours since we triggered. Also, I did a VLOG about my follicle scan, but realized I never did a written blog.

If you recall, we had decided to go all in this month. My RE upped my Femara to 10mg, hoping to pull up a third follicle. I was also put on metformin. I’ve been eating lower carb, drinking green tea, using cooking oils as lube. And we were going to try IUI if everything looked good.

My follie scan was Wednesday at 10am. My lining was 7.5mm(!) no cervical mucus was seen, BUT I wasn’t taking my expectorant as I should have been. I only have one mature follicle, on my left ovary, it was about a 19. My right ovary had a follicle about 13. I was super disappointed. The point of IUI is to have more eggs, and more sperm. But since we didn’t have more eggs, we decided to not do the IUI and waste the money. So we triggered Thursday morning in the 6 o’clock hour. So I’m probably ovulating, or really freaking close. If today is O day, we bd’d o-1 and o-3. We may go again tonight, we’ll have to wait and see.

In other news, Joseph and I were just discussing that we need to come up with a way to make more money. Because either way we look to expand our family(fertility treatments or adoption) cost a lot. And within three days, I have had two job opportunities.

I was contacted Wednesday I believe by a friend who currently does Foster care wanting to know if I would watch her two boys three days a week. I talked to Joseph and accepted, and am set to start Monday. Today driving home from my friend A’s house, I got a phone call from a sweet friend and there is a math opening at her school. She teaches at a good high school in the county I would like to get a job in. So I’m stuck. I went ahead an emailed the principal, and if he emails me saying he wants to set up an interview, I’ll tell my friend.

Its difficult.

Here’s my pros and cons list.



Guess who’s not cancelled?!?!

THIS GIRL! Everyone’s thoughts and prayers paid off. We have three follicles that will go! WOOO!. We trigger in the morning. Tonight we feast! (On cheese fondue and happiness!)

My RE told me to test Christmas day…praying for a Christmas miracle!


I have great intuition. I knew I was miscarrying when I miscarried. None of this “spotting happens frequently during health pregnancies” crap, my baby was gone. Today my intuition proved right once again. Last post I was talking about how nervous I was that we would have more than three follicles and what that would mean. And for good reason. I have six follicles. 18, 16, 15, 15, 14, and 13. Three in the right, and three on the left. So we are not to have relations if you will until at least Monday. Monday I will go in for another ultrasound. She said there is a possibility the 14 & 13 could drop off, leaving is with four. Which is one more than she would like, but she’d leave it up to us. Here is a chance another could drop off, but as of now it looks like this cycles a bust. Even if they do drop off, chances are by Monday we will be ovulating within a day or so, so usually where we time it to have many days before ovulation, ovulation, and a day or two after covered, we would have missed most of our fertile window. We will def not trigger this cycle so im going to start opks today. Needless to say I’m quite upset knowing that we now only have two cycles left. Prayers for follicles quatre, cinq, and six to drop off are so welcome!

Follow scan…

We are currently in the waiting room at my REs. This is our fourth time coming here, and besides the first, this is the most nervous I’ve been. I’m nervous that I may have too many follicles and she’ll cancel the cycle, which would be devastating because Joseph and I only have two more cycles of clomid. It would be ok obviously, but it would feel like we wasted a cycle. Im sure many of your ladies out there understand what I mean, and hopefully I’m getting ahead of myself.

If not too many follicles, we’ll discuss when to trigger this cycle so Joseph and I can get busy. 😉